Two days back, when superstar Rajinikanth had been to Thoothukudi to meet and offer condolences and moral support to the victims of the Sterlite protest shootouts, a youngster named Santhosh Raj had questioned Rajini Who are you, and the video had gone viral. There were angered reactions from Rajini fan groups who were questioning why he had not asked the same question to the MPs and MLAs, and was asking a commoner like Rajinikanth.
There were also several groups that linked Santhosh Raj with Dhileepan Mahendran, who was known to have burnt the national flag, and were a part of a controversy, ultimately branding Santhosh as an anti social element. Several others took pride of Santhosh's question as to why it took 100 days for Rajini to come to Thoothukudi, terming it as a bold question by the son of the soil. With such mixed reactions all over, Santhosh has himself opened up on the issue.
Santhosh had said that while others
needed political positions to display power, Rajini was someone who had powers
even without political backdrop, and that he must have come before 100 days
itself. Santhosh added that had Rajini come earlier the protest could have
strengthened, and this was what he had conveyed when Rajini came, and not as
misinterpreted by several media. The video of Santhosh giving this
clarification went viral, as Rajini Makkal Mandram, Secretary Raju Mahalingam
had shared it on Twitter. In another incident, Santhosh's mother had confronted
Minister Kadambur Raju as well.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!