Hyderabad sources added that Exports in information technology (IT) and information technology enabled services (ITES) from Telangana have grown by 9.3% and touched Rs 93,422 crore and made a compound annual growth of 15.6% over the past four years, said state IT and industries minister K R Rama Rao here. The minister said during 2016-17, the state witnessed Rs 85,470 crore exports in IT alone.
Moreover he said "The exports have been growing at a compound annual growth of 15.6% since the formation of the state in 2014," and this is roughly 150% of the national average of 10.3% during the same period. Further the growth has resulted in the creation of 1.5 lakh new IT jobs. There would be roughly 2.5 to 3 times the generation of indirect jobs. Accordingly an annual report released by the minister said the government was targeting to achieve over Rs 1.20 lakh crore worth of IT exports and create more than four lakh direct employments and about 20 lakh indirect employment by year 2020.
Previously as per report the direct employment generated by the IT sector
reached 4.75 lakh with 43,417 new professionals getting jobs, he said, adding
that the sector provided indirect employment to about 7.5 lakh people.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open