Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that recently Kerala has witnessed 17 deaths in the last two weeks of whom three people have died in the last two days because of nipah virus. Accordingly Rasil, a native of Kozhikode who died on Thursday is suspected to have contracted the virus from Ismail, another Nipah victim. Meanwhile Ismail in turn is reported to have been infected from Mohammed Sadik, the first suspected Nipah virus victim in Kerala.
Furthermore Dr Jayasree, Kozhikode District Medical Officer, said, “As of May 31, the total number of confirmed cases stands at 18, out of this 16 have died. Moreover this death toll does not reflect Sadik’s death. 2 confirmed cases are under treatment and the number of suspected cases is 11. So far 1407 people are in the contact list.”
Media report added the people who have been placed on house quarantine
have been asked by the state government to watch out for symptoms and keep
nodal health officers informed. KK Shylaja, the Health Minister of the state
said “There is no need to panic, but anyone who has been in contact with
patients needs to get themselves admitted if they are showing any symptoms”.
She also added that they had expected a second round of infections and assured
that the state was prepared for it.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees