New Delhi sources stated that Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has shot of a letter to Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan demanding to stop Polavaram National Irrigation Project in Andhra Pradesh with immediate effect. Meanwhile when raising the concerns of Odisha state, he asked the Centre to stop the Polavaram Irrigation Project until the problems of the Odisha people are cleared. Moreover he alleged that the people of Odisha would face problems if the project goes ahead in the present form without addressing the problems of Odisha.
As per report in his letter, Naveen stated that he had written letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi twice on the same issue and requested him to stop the Polavaram works. Furthermore Naveen in his letter said that Sabari and Sileru river waters have to be addressed. He said the construction of Polavaram Irrigation Project without addressing the above issues is violation of the guidelines issued by the Godavari Water Dispute Tribunal.
Moreover Naveen also said that the Resettlement & Rehabilitation
(R&R) is also yet to be resolved and hence demanded the Centre to stop the
Polavaram Irrigation Project with immediate effect. Further given that the
fresh hurdles are coming from Modi's close friend and NDA's ally BJD's Naveen
Patnaik, several doubts are now raised over the timing of these letters.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?