New Delhi sources stated that Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has shot of a letter to Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan demanding to stop Polavaram National Irrigation Project in Andhra Pradesh with immediate effect. Meanwhile when raising the concerns of Odisha state, he asked the Centre to stop the Polavaram Irrigation Project until the problems of the Odisha people are cleared. Moreover he alleged that the people of Odisha would face problems if the project goes ahead in the present form without addressing the problems of Odisha.
As per report in his letter, Naveen stated that he had written letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi twice on the same issue and requested him to stop the Polavaram works. Furthermore Naveen in his letter said that Sabari and Sileru river waters have to be addressed. He said the construction of Polavaram Irrigation Project without addressing the above issues is violation of the guidelines issued by the Godavari Water Dispute Tribunal.
Moreover Naveen also said that the Resettlement & Rehabilitation
(R&R) is also yet to be resolved and hence demanded the Centre to stop the
Polavaram Irrigation Project with immediate effect. Further given that the
fresh hurdles are coming from Modi's close friend and NDA's ally BJD's Naveen
Patnaik, several doubts are now raised over the timing of these letters.
P. Chidambaram questions KCR about providing 1 Lakh Govt Jobs Accordingly Rajya Sabha MP, Congress leader and former Finance Minister P Chidambaram questioned the Telangana Rashtra Samiti government in Telangana on the promises it made when it came to power in 2014. Chidambaram in a statement “Although this is a State election, Telangana is one of five States that are holding elections in November-December. Hence, these elections have acquired a national
- Can you guess who Winner of Telangana Elections is?
- Vijayashanthi upset for not having photos of Female Leaders in posters?
- Amit Shah accused Pinarayi government treating Ayyappa devotees like Gulag inmates
- USD 1.3 billion aid to Pakistan will remain suspended: Donald Trump
- TRS loses MP close to election!
- Father kills daughter brutally!
- Fresh revelations on dog meat controversy!
- Is Central govt watching Gaja?
- Chennai to get Rain for next 48 Hours
- What is the mood inside Janasena party?
- Konda Vishweshwar Reddy quits TRS, joins Congress
- Sachin says Sports & Education should go together
- Delhi faces Poor Air Quality in Mornings
- Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?