New Delhi sources stated that Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has shot of a letter to Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan demanding to stop Polavaram National Irrigation Project in Andhra Pradesh with immediate effect. Meanwhile when raising the concerns of Odisha state, he asked the Centre to stop the Polavaram Irrigation Project until the problems of the Odisha people are cleared. Moreover he alleged that the people of Odisha would face problems if the project goes ahead in the present form without addressing the problems of Odisha.
As per report in his letter, Naveen stated that he had written letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi twice on the same issue and requested him to stop the Polavaram works. Furthermore Naveen in his letter said that Sabari and Sileru river waters have to be addressed. He said the construction of Polavaram Irrigation Project without addressing the above issues is violation of the guidelines issued by the Godavari Water Dispute Tribunal.
Moreover Naveen also said that the Resettlement & Rehabilitation
(R&R) is also yet to be resolved and hence demanded the Centre to stop the
Polavaram Irrigation Project with immediate effect. Further given that the
fresh hurdles are coming from Modi's close friend and NDA's ally BJD's Naveen
Patnaik, several doubts are now raised over the timing of these letters.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!