According to sources within days of taking charge as the Chief Minister of Karnataka, H D Kumaraswamy has banned state government officials from carrying mobiles to his meetings. Meanwhile the state government said that this was done to enforce discipline and avoid diversions. State's Chief Secretary K. Ratna Prabha told in Bengaluru "The Chief Minister has directed to ensure that the officials do not carry mobile phones to the meetings to avoid distractions and to enforce discipline".
Moreover when calling it a welcome move, the Chief Secretary said the decision to ban mobile phones will ensure that the officials contribute effectively to the meetings. She said "It is a welcome step by the Chief Minister as distractions through mobile phones will be removed during crucial meetings". Accordingly the Chief Minister's decision came 10 days after he took charge on May 23 and held only a few meetings with the officials.
Furthermore a senior officer of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
rank in the state, however, declined to comment on Kumaraswamy's order.
Moreover this development also comes days after the Department of Public
Instruction issued a circular calling for a ban on the use of mobile phones by
government school teachers in the state during school hours.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!