Kolkata sources stated that HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar has said the Centre will bring a bill in Parliament to ensure that schools do not assign homework to students of classes 1 and 2. Meanwhile his remarks came in the wake of an interim order of the Madras High Court on May 30 asking the Centre to instruct state governments to reduce the weight of children's school bags and do away with homework for classes 1 and 2.
Accordingly Javadekar said he believed there cannot be learning without fun. He told "He welcomes the decision of the court as they are studying the order and will definitely do whatever is required". Moreover the Union minister said the Centre will bring a no homework bill in the Monsoon Session of Parliament in compliance with the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009, and hoped it will be passed.
Javadekar said he believes there has to be a 'learn with fun'. Children
should not be put under any pressure. We will do whatever is required to lessen
the pressure on children in compliance with the court order. Accordingly
Justice N Kirubakaran had also directed the Centre to instruct the state
governments not to prescribe any other subjects except language and mathematics
for classes 1 and 2 students.
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India