Kolkata sources stated that HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar has said the Centre will bring a bill in Parliament to ensure that schools do not assign homework to students of classes 1 and 2. Meanwhile his remarks came in the wake of an interim order of the Madras High Court on May 30 asking the Centre to instruct state governments to reduce the weight of children's school bags and do away with homework for classes 1 and 2.
Accordingly Javadekar said he believed there cannot be learning without fun. He told "He welcomes the decision of the court as they are studying the order and will definitely do whatever is required". Moreover the Union minister said the Centre will bring a no homework bill in the Monsoon Session of Parliament in compliance with the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009, and hoped it will be passed.
Javadekar said he believes there has to be a 'learn with fun'. Children
should not be put under any pressure. We will do whatever is required to lessen
the pressure on children in compliance with the court order. Accordingly
Justice N Kirubakaran had also directed the Centre to instruct the state
governments not to prescribe any other subjects except language and mathematics
for classes 1 and 2 students.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018