According to sources PM Narendra Modi on his visit to Singapore, visited Indian Heritage Centre. Meanwhile there he bought a madhubani painting. And when the time came to make the payment, he chose SBI RuPay card over any other mode of payment. As per report this was no less than dream publicity for the SBI's debit card, wherein none other than the Prime Minister of India was seen posing while flashing the card. Moreover it is worth mentioning that PM Modi is a big proponent of digital transactions. PM Modi was on a three-country visit (Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore) for five days.
Meanwhile in a tweet, the SBI wrote on its official handle, "Hon. Prime Minister of India, visited the Indian Heritage Centre in Singapore, whose efforts are focused towards bringing the two great nations Singapore and India closer. He purchased a splendid Madhubani painting using an SBI RuPay card."
Furthermore Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on May 31, had catapulted
three Indian mobile payment apps in Singapore at a business event
'Business, Innovation and Community Event' where digital platform was the main
feature. PM Modi launched India's BHIM, RuPay and SBI app. Also, RuPay digital
payments system was linked up with Singapore's 33-year old Network for
Electronic Transfers (NETS). As per report RuPay card was rolled out as an
alternative to the MasterCard and Visa card schemes and to consolidate and
integrate various payment systems in India.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!