As per report from sources Justice Ramesh Ranganathan, the Acting Chief Justice of the common High Court of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, has created a record of sorts. Accordingly he will be remembered as the longest serving Acting Chief Justice in the in the history of the high court. Earlier Justice Ranganathan was appointed on July 30 2016 as ACJ and this is the first time that the high court has functioned for close to two years without a permanent chief justice.
Meanwhile on earlier occasions, Justices P. Satyanarayana Raju, A. Sambasiva Rao, Alladi Kuppuswami, P. Basireddy, A. Lakshman Rao, Syed Shah Mohammed Quadri, M.N. Rao, N.Y. Hanumanthappa, Bilal Nazki, Meena Kumar, Ghulam Mohammed, P.C. Ghosh and N.V. Ramana were all Acting Chief Justices for a short period of time. Moreover Justice D.B. Bhosale was Acting Chief Justice for over a year from May 7, 2015 to July 30, 2016.
Previously the Andhra Pradesh High Court was set up in November 1956 and
Justice P. Chandra Reddy was the first judge to officiate as Acting Chief
Justice for a period of five and a half months from January 31, 1958 to June 16
the same year. Furthermore after the division of undivided Andhra Pradesh in
2014, the high court in the Telangana capital, continued to serve as the common
high court for both the states. Moreover the lawyers of Telangana have been
particularly vocal in their demand for a separate high court for the state.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!