As per report from sources Justice Ramesh Ranganathan, the Acting Chief Justice of the common High Court of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, has created a record of sorts. Accordingly he will be remembered as the longest serving Acting Chief Justice in the in the history of the high court. Earlier Justice Ranganathan was appointed on July 30 2016 as ACJ and this is the first time that the high court has functioned for close to two years without a permanent chief justice.
Meanwhile on earlier occasions, Justices P. Satyanarayana Raju, A. Sambasiva Rao, Alladi Kuppuswami, P. Basireddy, A. Lakshman Rao, Syed Shah Mohammed Quadri, M.N. Rao, N.Y. Hanumanthappa, Bilal Nazki, Meena Kumar, Ghulam Mohammed, P.C. Ghosh and N.V. Ramana were all Acting Chief Justices for a short period of time. Moreover Justice D.B. Bhosale was Acting Chief Justice for over a year from May 7, 2015 to July 30, 2016.
Previously the Andhra Pradesh High Court was set up in November 1956 and
Justice P. Chandra Reddy was the first judge to officiate as Acting Chief
Justice for a period of five and a half months from January 31, 1958 to June 16
the same year. Furthermore after the division of undivided Andhra Pradesh in
2014, the high court in the Telangana capital, continued to serve as the common
high court for both the states. Moreover the lawyers of Telangana have been
particularly vocal in their demand for a separate high court for the state.
BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll Hyderabad sources made a statement that lawlessness prevails in AP as police and politicians trade in accusations and counter accusations, stated the BJP. Meanwhile Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha leader Mr. Vishnuvardhan Reddy said that AP was fit to go for early polls as there was a breakdown of constitutional machinery
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!