Chennai sources added that Kamal Hassan's sharp counter to Rajinikanth has added fuel to the ongoing debate in Tamilnadu over Tuticorin incident. While Rajini's pro-police remarks have already invited huge flak from several corners, Kamal's fresh comments further escalated. Accordingly "Some anti-social elements have infiltrated among the protesting locals. It is their handiwork," Rajinikanth had commented after visiting Tuticorin victims in hospital.
Meanwhile Rajini said police were not the first to attack and they had fired only after they were attacked. Further when responding to Rajini's comments against Tuticorin protesters, emotional Kamal said, "If protesters are anti-social, so am I." These remarks of Kamal are drawing good applause. Moreover on contrary to Rajini's 'anti-people' and 'anti-protester' comments have not gone down well with many.
Furthermore despite the fact that Rajini enjoys mass image and is known as
people's man given his past events, his fresh comments indicate that Rajini is
slowly distancing from people. Many political analysts opine that Rajini's
image would take a beating with his anti-people stand. As per report the
mood of the people of Tamilnadu is in favor of Tuticorin victims, Rajini going
against populist mood is worrying his fans. Kamal's timely comments have also
further embarrassed Rajini and currently the people are demanding Rajini to
retract his comments.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers