Sources from Tuticorin stated that Sterlite has a total of 1,100 direct employees and about 3,000 contract laborers at any point of time. But this claim of 'conspiracy' against the company, however, comes only from the higher echelons. As per report as TNM traversed through the villages of Thoothukudi, we met multiple mid-level management staff and laborers who worked on contract and when offered this defense from their bosses, they scoffed in disbelief.
Ramesh said "These are people who sit in their AC rooms all day and don't even come to the shop floor," who has been a supervisor in the electrical department of the company. Moreover his work, he claims, took him to every nook and corner of the plant. Accordingly it was close to 7pm and he had just returned from the unit after a day's work. He said "He is now part of the security department, but back in 2017 when he would walk into the factory and his eyes would burn almost immediately. Despite respiratory devices, we could not stand there for over one hour. Your lungs would feel like they are on fire".
Moreover in Pandarampatti village, which is just five kilometres from
the plant, out of 3000 people, at least one third had worked at the Sterlite
copper smelter at some point as a contract laborer. Furthermore several of
these workers would labor through the day in Sterlite and come back in the
evening to attend meetings against the company.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam