The Karnataka High court has ordered the Karnataka government to provide protection to the theaters screening the Superstar Rajinikanth movie Kaala. Kaala is a Tamil movie, produced by Dhanush's Wunderbar productions, and is directed by Pa.Ranjith, and stars Superstar Rajinikanth, Huma Qureshi, Eswari Rao, Samuthirakani and Nana Pateker. This movie has Rajinikanth playing a Dharavi based Mumbai gangster.
With the movie scheduled to release on June 7(Thursday), worldwide, the movie has been gaining opposition from different corners. Fringe elements in Karnataka have demanded a ban on Kaala's release in the state due to Rajinikanth's statements regarding the Cauvery water sharing. The Karnataka chamber of commerce also banned the release of Kaala in Karnataka, citing security reasons.
However, the producers’ council and
the film's team have been fighting it out to remove the ban, besides efforts by
people like Prakashraj as well. In such a scenario, producer Dhanush had filed
a petition in the KL high court, following which the court has redirected the
government to offer police protection to theaters screening Kaala, after the
government advocate had said that the government has no objection in offering
protection. The justice had also said that if the film's distributors are ok
with releasing, then there won't be any issues in the release of Kaala in
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes