The Lok Sabha Speaker had finally accepted the resignations of the YSR Congress MPs on Wednesday. While a notification is awaited from the Speaker’s office on the resignations, the MPs claimed that the Speaker had given them oral approval.
The YSR Congress MPs claimed it as a victory and the party had started celebrations in the State. The party had welcomed the development as that proved their commitment to the cause and sincerity in fighting for the same with the BJP. The leaders also claimed that the acceptance of resignations had proved that there was no hidden understanding between the BJP and the YSR Congress, as being accused by the TDP.
The YSR Congress leaders in the State are now throwing an open challenge to the TDP to make their MPs too to resign and seek mandate on the special category status demand. “If all the 17 MPs now with the TDP, including the three defected MPs from the YSR Congress, also resigned, the Election Commission would hold by-elections. It is now for the TDP to tell the people how serious the party is in fighting for the State interests,” said Tirupati MP V Varaprasada Rao, emerging out of the Lok Sabha Speaker’s office in Delhi.
“We don’t need certificates from Chandrababu Naidu or his son Lokesh on our commitment to the peoples’ issues. People know who is committed and who is corrupt,” asserted another MP Mithun Reddy.
One after the other, the YSR Congress MPs and leaders are throwing challenge at the TDP to follow suit and get the by-elections conducted. Will the TDP take up this challenge or come up with another excuse or U turn?
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees