Chennai sources reported that in a surprise visit, actor Vijay met the families of those who were killed in the Thoothukudi-Sterlite violence, in the wee hours of Wednesday. Accordingly Vijay went to residences of those who lost their lives, and spent time with their families. Meanwhile according to reports, he also handed over a solatium of Rs 1 lakh to the families.
As per report there was nearly no media presence when he visited the families and a few smart phone images taken by locals were circulated later. Meanwhile one local said that the actor turned up when they were not expecting him. Further the local said that Vijay sat with the families and heard their problems, along with what had happened on May 22, on the day 13 civilians were killed.
Further Vijay's visit follows that of visits made by actor cum politicians
Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan. Moreover after meeting the families of those
injured in the police shooting in Thoothukudi, Rajinikanth had said that
the protest was infiltrated by anti-social elements. Earlier the inquiry
committee set up by the Government of Tamilnadu to probe the
Thoothukudi-Sterlite killings took charge previously this week on Monday.
First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS) According to sources Arunachal Pradesh becomes the first State in North East India to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS), a solution developed by the Madras Security Printers, a company specializing in system integration and solutions for e-governance projects. Recently the End-to-end e-PDS system,
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi