Even as the Lok Sabha Speaker is yet to make an official announcement on the acceptance of the five YSR Congress Party MPs from Lok Sabha, the party chief Jaganmohan Reddy is trying to make best use of this development to earn votes for him in the next election. He is using the special category status sentiments of the people to run in his favour when the elections come. He did not waste even a single hour to refer to the resignations of the MPs and claimed it as a greatest sacrifice of the MPs for the cause of the people.
The MPs have quit their posts one year ahead of their term and that would mean a lot for the MPs as they would be losing all the perks and the comforts. There would be at least two sessions in this year and the vote on account session in the early next year and these MPs would be missing that too. Except for Tirupati MP Varaprasada Rao, the rest of the four have business interests connected with the Central government. As MPs they should stay back in power to protect and promote their business interests and not being an MP would give them some troubles. Resignation is not so easy and simple issue to brush aside. In fact, it is for this importance that the TDP MPs are still hanging on and the MPs will change the parties when they have to quit ahead of their term.
But, the five MPs of Jaganmohan Reddy stood firm with him giving him an edge over the rival TDP to win the confidence of the people. He is now claiming the five MPs as the champions of the special category status, which is a potential issue to decide the victory in the next elections. The resignations have come as an added advantage to Jaganmohan Reddy on his battle for the special category status. Though he had been fighting for the same right from the beginning and had openly rejected the BJP’s offer of special package, Chandrababu Naidu was able to reduce the people’s anger on him by raising voice for the special category status. Being in power and having the support of the leading media houses is an advantage for Chandrababu Naidu. But, the resignations have come beating this advantage of Chandrababu Naidu and thus giving an edge to Jaganmohan Reddy.
As the days go by, it will be a must for Jaganmohan Reddy to sustain this positive image of his party MPs sacrifice. While being locked in the padayatra, Jaganmohan Reddy has the advantage of interacting with the people and explaining them the sequence of events happening in the State over the sentimental issue of special category status. With only Sakshi group media giving him space and other media ignoring him, things are not so easy for Jaganmohan Reddy to sustain the positive image..
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!