Even as the Lok Sabha Speaker is yet to make an official announcement on the acceptance of the five YSR Congress Party MPs from Lok Sabha, the party chief Jaganmohan Reddy is trying to make best use of this development to earn votes for him in the next election. He is using the special category status sentiments of the people to run in his favour when the elections come. He did not waste even a single hour to refer to the resignations of the MPs and claimed it as a greatest sacrifice of the MPs for the cause of the people.
The MPs have quit their posts one year ahead of their term and that would mean a lot for the MPs as they would be losing all the perks and the comforts. There would be at least two sessions in this year and the vote on account session in the early next year and these MPs would be missing that too. Except for Tirupati MP Varaprasada Rao, the rest of the four have business interests connected with the Central government. As MPs they should stay back in power to protect and promote their business interests and not being an MP would give them some troubles. Resignation is not so easy and simple issue to brush aside. In fact, it is for this importance that the TDP MPs are still hanging on and the MPs will change the parties when they have to quit ahead of their term.
But, the five MPs of Jaganmohan Reddy stood firm with him giving him an edge over the rival TDP to win the confidence of the people. He is now claiming the five MPs as the champions of the special category status, which is a potential issue to decide the victory in the next elections. The resignations have come as an added advantage to Jaganmohan Reddy on his battle for the special category status. Though he had been fighting for the same right from the beginning and had openly rejected the BJP’s offer of special package, Chandrababu Naidu was able to reduce the people’s anger on him by raising voice for the special category status. Being in power and having the support of the leading media houses is an advantage for Chandrababu Naidu. But, the resignations have come beating this advantage of Chandrababu Naidu and thus giving an edge to Jaganmohan Reddy.
As the days go by, it will be a must for Jaganmohan Reddy to sustain this positive image of his party MPs sacrifice. While being locked in the padayatra, Jaganmohan Reddy has the advantage of interacting with the people and explaining them the sequence of events happening in the State over the sentimental issue of special category status. With only Sakshi group media giving him space and other media ignoring him, things are not so easy for Jaganmohan Reddy to sustain the positive image..
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers