Chennai sources reported that Vaishali Banerjee, Managing Director India, and Platinum Guild International (PGI) that the investment in precious metal, in India, mostly means investing in gold for the middle and upper middle class families, but then, platinum is more precious and a far better investment option.
Accordingly the sale of platinum jewelry has been single-handedly spearheaded by PGI, especially in four countries India, China, USA, and Japan. Presently India has been in the forefront of this growth, despite challenges from new legislation such as demonetization or the introduction of the Goods and Services Tax (GST). Vaishali said Bridal trends and the love-gifting strategy have helped retailers find a foothold in the gold-dominated industry. "Designs inspired by global trends and the distinct emotional positioning of platinum make it the preferred choice of millennial”.
Moreover the young consumers, especially brides have contributed to the
demand growth the last year. Furthermore some areas have even outperformed the
consumer retail sales growth of gold here. Suvankar Sen, Director of Senco Gold
& Diamonds said "This generation wants novelty and versatility in
jewelry which platinum offers in abundance”. She added “Consumers are well
aware of platinum, with the 'spontaneous awareness' index being as high as 74%
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites