Chennai sources reported that Vaishali Banerjee, Managing Director India, and Platinum Guild International (PGI) that the investment in precious metal, in India, mostly means investing in gold for the middle and upper middle class families, but then, platinum is more precious and a far better investment option.
Accordingly the sale of platinum jewelry has been single-handedly spearheaded by PGI, especially in four countries India, China, USA, and Japan. Presently India has been in the forefront of this growth, despite challenges from new legislation such as demonetization or the introduction of the Goods and Services Tax (GST). Vaishali said Bridal trends and the love-gifting strategy have helped retailers find a foothold in the gold-dominated industry. "Designs inspired by global trends and the distinct emotional positioning of platinum make it the preferred choice of millennial”.
Moreover the young consumers, especially brides have contributed to the
demand growth the last year. Furthermore some areas have even outperformed the
consumer retail sales growth of gold here. Suvankar Sen, Director of Senco Gold
& Diamonds said "This generation wants novelty and versatility in
jewelry which platinum offers in abundance”. She added “Consumers are well
aware of platinum, with the 'spontaneous awareness' index being as high as 74%
Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200! More than 200 people have lost their lives in a fatal boat accident in Tanzania. Tanzania is a small country located in East Africa, and Lake Victoria is an important lake separating Tanzania and Uganda. In such a situation, a huge accident has happened in Lake Victoria, with a boat. A boat has capsized, impacting the lives of more than 200 people on board the boat.
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app