United Nations sources added that group of young Indian entrepreneurs, inspired to find solutions for women safety following the December 16, 2012 gang rape, have won a million dollar prize by developing a wearable smart device that women can use to send out emergency alerts if threatened or assaulted.
Meanwhile the New Delhi based Leaf Wearables was among the five finalists selected from 85 teams hailing from 18 countries for the million dollar prize instituted by eminent Indian-American philanthropists Anu & Naveen Jain called 'Women's Safety XPRIZE'. Presently the technology start-up, founded by students of IIT Delhi and Delhi Technological University, won the prize for their project 'Safer Pro', an enhanced new version of their earlier smart safety devices.
Furthermore as per report prominent entrepreneurs
and philanthropists, partnered with non-profit organization XPRIZE to create
the Anu & Naveen Jain Women's Safety XPRIZE aimed at addressing the safety
of women and girls by leveraging technology. Moreover teams participating in
the challenge had to create a device, costing no more than USD 40 and able to
work without internet, that can inconspicuously trigger an emergency alert if a
woman is facing a threat and transmit information to a network of community
responders, all within 90 seconds.
PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections Chennai sources stated that deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam announced on Tuesday the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) will support the AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in the forthcoming general elections. As per report the PMK will contest on six Lok Sabha seats and will be given one Rajya Sabha seat and the PMK, has a support base in northern Tamilnadu, especially among the OBC Vanniyar community.
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan