Kerala former chief minister Ommen Chandy had assumed charge of Andhra Pradesh affairs of the Congress party. One of the senior leaders of the party in the South, Chandhy has brighter image for him in the party. He is soft and highly strategic in the electoral politics. Though talks less, he does more work.
He replaced Digvijay Singh as far as AP is concerned. It is not just the people of the State, even the Congress party activists from the grassroots were upset with Digvijay Singh for his role towards the State at the time of bifurcation. He had displayed the arrogance much to the liking of the people. He did not give a chance to the Andhra Pradesh, the Seemandhra region as it was called at that time, to listen to their objections. Though guided to do so by the party high command, people did not like the way he behaved with the leaders of this region including those in the Cabinet at that point of time. He displayed the arrogance of power time and again all through the process.
Being incharge of the party affairs in the State, he was expected to protect the interests of this region while executing the bifurcation. Both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh should have been equal for him. But, the Congress party was biased to Telangana and so was Digvijay Singh. The bifurcation too was completely unjust and it is a history now. But, the very presence of Digvijay Singh in Andhra Pradesh as incharge of the party affairs after bifurcation further deteriorated the party position in the State. People did not like him visit the State anymore.
It was this sentiment that finally prevailed upon the leadership to change him. Surprisingly, the Congress must have given a deep thought into the issue before giving a replacement to Digvijay Singh. Oommen Chandy is comparatively a best bet for the party. He is senior, experienced, strategist and above all he is from the South. He knows the realities of the south better than the north leaders.
The Congress which has been struggling to make its presence felt in the State in the last four years is now depending on his leadership. The stand that he would take and the programmes that he would give to the party leadership here will play key role in giving some new lease of life to the party in the State. It is to be seen how Chandy would help in improving the party which is now on the death bed.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar