In the past one year, more than 49329 work establishments have been closed, leading to the unemployment of around 5,19,075 people in Tamilnadu, as per a recent report. The Micro and small scale industries have always played a pivotal role in the economy of Tamilnadu.
These small scale industries were essential in the production and selling of goods like leather goods, readymade garments, plastic items electronic etc. Besides, the spare parts for bigger, large scale industries are also developed by small scale ones. These small scale industries export 40% goods. The GST was implemented last year's July, and due to this, 18% tax was imposed on small and micro industries.
Due to the heavy increase in prices,
the small industries are facing a tough time even to purchase raw materials.
The loss of jobs of more than 5 lakhs people had been reported by the TN
government. In 2007-08, there were more than 25000 small scale industries, with
employment offers for more than 2,45,000 people. With the increased investment
and the needs, the number of people employed increased to 18 lakhs. However, in
2017-18, with the closure of more than 50000 industries, lots of people have
lost their jobs. With the introduction of GST, the investments had increased,
following which, the jobs have drastically reduced.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar