In the past one year, more than 49329 work establishments have been closed, leading to the unemployment of around 5,19,075 people in Tamilnadu, as per a recent report. The Micro and small scale industries have always played a pivotal role in the economy of Tamilnadu.
These small scale industries were essential in the production and selling of goods like leather goods, readymade garments, plastic items electronic etc. Besides, the spare parts for bigger, large scale industries are also developed by small scale ones. These small scale industries export 40% goods. The GST was implemented last year's July, and due to this, 18% tax was imposed on small and micro industries.
Due to the heavy increase in prices,
the small industries are facing a tough time even to purchase raw materials.
The loss of jobs of more than 5 lakhs people had been reported by the TN
government. In 2007-08, there were more than 25000 small scale industries, with
employment offers for more than 2,45,000 people. With the increased investment
and the needs, the number of people employed increased to 18 lakhs. However, in
2017-18, with the closure of more than 50000 industries, lots of people have
lost their jobs. With the introduction of GST, the investments had increased,
following which, the jobs have drastically reduced.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?