In the past one year, more than 49329 work establishments have been closed, leading to the unemployment of around 5,19,075 people in Tamilnadu, as per a recent report. The Micro and small scale industries have always played a pivotal role in the economy of Tamilnadu.
These small scale industries were essential in the production and selling of goods like leather goods, readymade garments, plastic items electronic etc. Besides, the spare parts for bigger, large scale industries are also developed by small scale ones. These small scale industries export 40% goods. The GST was implemented last year's July, and due to this, 18% tax was imposed on small and micro industries.
Due to the heavy increase in prices,
the small industries are facing a tough time even to purchase raw materials.
The loss of jobs of more than 5 lakhs people had been reported by the TN
government. In 2007-08, there were more than 25000 small scale industries, with
employment offers for more than 2,45,000 people. With the increased investment
and the needs, the number of people employed increased to 18 lakhs. However, in
2017-18, with the closure of more than 50000 industries, lots of people have
lost their jobs. With the introduction of GST, the investments had increased,
following which, the jobs have drastically reduced.
Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11 As per report actress and Congress leader Khushbu, who was in Hyderabad yesterday, has hit out at KCR by calling him a 'Commission Man'. She alleged that TRS government is working for the 'commissions'. Meanwhile she further alleged that TRS has failed to provide employment to youths and 'minimum support price' to farmers.
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?
- Rohit Sharma feels confident playing in Australia
- Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR?
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli