Sources from China stated that when the one child/one-birth policy was introduced in 1979, its motive was to control the Chinese population numbers from spiraling out of control due to the lack of housing and other facilities. Accordingly this long term problem is what has led to China’s changing of the controversial scheme in 2015. Meanwhile it is projected that by 2050, almost a quarter of China’s population will be over 65 years of age, according to the Asian Development Bank, a slightly higher rate than in the U.S. and more than twice India’s share.
Moreover the replacement, i.e., the two-child policy, still does not end the principle of government control over reproduction, say campaigners. Presently government has gone as far as using the media to encourage university students to have babies while studying. Hence women continue to delay pregnancies and even marriage while also favoring smaller families, leading to low fertility rates. Further as a society becomes wealthier, their preference for a traditional larger family decreases, say scholars.
Moreover as a result, China is strongly expected to scrap all kinds of
reproductive limits, even as soon as this year, after decades of human rights
abuses and widening demographic imbalances. People continue worry that the
measure might not be sufficient to save the world’s second-largest economy from
becoming like its aging counterparts like Japan.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees