Sources from China stated that when the one child/one-birth policy was introduced in 1979, its motive was to control the Chinese population numbers from spiraling out of control due to the lack of housing and other facilities. Accordingly this long term problem is what has led to China’s changing of the controversial scheme in 2015. Meanwhile it is projected that by 2050, almost a quarter of China’s population will be over 65 years of age, according to the Asian Development Bank, a slightly higher rate than in the U.S. and more than twice India’s share.
Moreover the replacement, i.e., the two-child policy, still does not end the principle of government control over reproduction, say campaigners. Presently government has gone as far as using the media to encourage university students to have babies while studying. Hence women continue to delay pregnancies and even marriage while also favoring smaller families, leading to low fertility rates. Further as a society becomes wealthier, their preference for a traditional larger family decreases, say scholars.
Moreover as a result, China is strongly expected to scrap all kinds of
reproductive limits, even as soon as this year, after decades of human rights
abuses and widening demographic imbalances. People continue worry that the
measure might not be sufficient to save the world’s second-largest economy from
becoming like its aging counterparts like Japan.
Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal According to sources as overcast skies loom over Thanjavur district on Tuesday, Mari Susai is sitting in his field, taking stock of the damage that Friday's cyclone unleashed. As per report acres of purple and green sugarcane crops that were to be primed and plucked for Pongal 2019, now lay tilted
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!