According to sources Union Minister of Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi announced that all NRI marriages which are solemnized in India must be registered within 48 hours of wedding. Meanwhile NRIs who fail to register their marriages within the prescribed time will not be issued a Visa or passport, as per Maneka Gandhi.
As per report Maneka's new diktat comes as a sudden surprise as there has been no time frame for registering marriages in India till date. Furthermore recently, the Law Commission issued a report, recommending that the time limit to register marriages should be restricted to 30 days after which a penalty of Rs 5 per day could be imposed.
Moreover the Women and Child Development Ministry will soon issue orders
to all the registrars, instructing them to provide details of NRI marriages to
the ministry for setting up of a central database. Accordingly the ministry
recently issued 6 lookout notices and even got the passports of 5 NRI husbands
revoked by the Ministry of External Affairs. Hence all the ministries will keep
a strict vigil on the arrival or departure of NRI husbands to prevent them from
leaving India after being involved in marital disputes with their wives.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue