Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan, who is currently on the north coastal districts tour took a strong dig at the Janma Bhoomi committees which hold key to the government welfare programmes in the State.
The committees even dominate the elected bodies of the village panchayats in deciding the developmental initiatives in the village. They also play key role in the selection of beneficiaries for various welfare programmes like pension, houses and subsidy linked loans from the government.
The committees filled with the ruling Telugu Desam Party leaders at the grassroots are the key players of the TDP government ever since Chandrababu Naidu introduced the Janma Bhoomi programme in his earlier stint. Every developmental work in the villages has to be cleared by these committees and every application either for loans or pensions are to be cleared by these committees.
Pawan Kalyan, while targeting these committees accused the government of encouraging these committees indulge in huge corruption. While the elected rural and urban local bodies remain mute spectators to the development, these Janma Bhoomi committees play key role in reaching out to the people or the government. In a way, these committees play the mediatory role between the government and the people.
The Jana Sena chief alleged that the State government was encouraging corruption with the connivance of the Janma Bhoomi committees. Pawan Kalyan, ever since he broke alliance with the TDP, had been going hard in criticising the government and the latest on Janma Bhoomi is a direct hit on Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu.
It is now to be seen how the Telugu Desam government and the Chief Minister would react to the Jana Sena’s allegations against the TDP’s brain-child, the Janma Bhoomi committees.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers