Lucknow sources stated that a topper of Uttar Pradesh board exams was elated when he received a cheque from chief minister Yogi Adityanath. Soon, it turned into disappointment when the cheque bounced and moreover not only that, he had to pay a penalty for it. Accordingly Alok Misra, who ranked seventh in the Class 10 exams of the Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Board (UPSEB), was invited to Lucknow on May 29 for a felicitation function and given a cheque of Rs. 1 lakh by the chief minister for securing 93.5% marks in the exams.
Meanwhile his father deposited the cheque in a bank in Lucknow on June 5 and was subsequently informed that it had bounced due to a mismatch of signatures and as per report he was also made to pay the penalty for it. Moreover the cheque presented to the student had the signature of Raj Kumar Yadav, District Inspector of Schools, Barabanki.
Alok, a student of Young Stream Inter College, said "He was very
happy to receive the cheque from the chief minister. Later, he came to know that
it had bounced, which led to some disappointment". Moreover when
contacted, Mr. Yadav said the student was given another cheque and the matter
was resolved. No other student had come up with a similar complaint. Further terming
the matter "serious", District Magistrate Uday Bhanu Tripathi said he
would take action.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day