Lucknow sources stated that a topper of Uttar Pradesh board exams was elated when he received a cheque from chief minister Yogi Adityanath. Soon, it turned into disappointment when the cheque bounced and moreover not only that, he had to pay a penalty for it. Accordingly Alok Misra, who ranked seventh in the Class 10 exams of the Uttar Pradesh Secondary Education Board (UPSEB), was invited to Lucknow on May 29 for a felicitation function and given a cheque of Rs. 1 lakh by the chief minister for securing 93.5% marks in the exams.
Meanwhile his father deposited the cheque in a bank in Lucknow on June 5 and was subsequently informed that it had bounced due to a mismatch of signatures and as per report he was also made to pay the penalty for it. Moreover the cheque presented to the student had the signature of Raj Kumar Yadav, District Inspector of Schools, Barabanki.
Alok, a student of Young Stream Inter College, said "He was very
happy to receive the cheque from the chief minister. Later, he came to know that
it had bounced, which led to some disappointment". Moreover when
contacted, Mr. Yadav said the student was given another cheque and the matter
was resolved. No other student had come up with a similar complaint. Further terming
the matter "serious", District Magistrate Uday Bhanu Tripathi said he
would take action.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!