In the Karnataka State assembly, a candidate who had just passed 8th standard has been allotted education ministry in the cabinet. In the recently held Karnataka state assembly elections, none of the parties that contested gained Majority. Following this development, the Janata Dal secular joined forces with Congress to form an alliance and ultimately formed the government in Karnataka.
After this, Janata Dal's HD Kumaraswamy had sworn in as the chief minister of Karnataka before few weeks. Now the list of ministers appointed for different cabinet posts have been listed. In this, GD Deve Gowda has been allotted the ministry of higher education.
Since he had defeated former chief
minister Siddharamiah in Chamundeeswari constituency only he has been given
this ministry. However there are new controversies as Deve Gowda is just an 8th
standard passed out. For this, HD Kumaraswamy, who is a BSC graduate has said
that the portfolios are allocated as per their skills and abilities and not
based on their educational qualification.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites