The CPI and the CPM sponsored forum for the special category status had decided to intensify the agitation for the cause from June 15. A round table meeting of the forum decided to take up the struggle on its own without looking for the ruling Telugu Desam Party and the Opposition YSR Congress.
Led by Chalasani Srinivas, the forum would hold special conventions with the students in all educational institutions from June 15. They would hold special conventions for the students, teachers and the professors in schools, colleges and universities. The forum would hold meetings with the students unions and teachers associations across the State to involve them in the future struggle.
Once the students and teachers are involved, the forum would take up the second phase of the agitation that includes the road blockade and would proceed to hold 24 hour-long national highways blockade in the State. The forum would close all the national highways passing through the State for 24 hours bringing the national vehicular traffic to a standstill.
In the third phase, the forum would constitute committees at the village level and take up signature campaign which would be sent to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Central government. Then it would organise meetings for the key issues like railway zone, steel plant, Dugarajapatnam port and the central institutions.
The forum had decided not to invite the ruling TDP or the Opposition YSR Congress but would welcome if they join. Interestingly, the YSR Congress has been part of the agitations sponsored by the forum for the past three years but the TDP had never taken part of the agitations. Instead, TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu wanted the forum and the Left parties to support him. The forum and the Left parties have initially backed Chandrababu Naidu when he called for the all-party meeting after he pulled out from the NDA. But, later on with the people criticising them for joining hands with the TDP, the CPI and the CPM, besides the forum distanced from Chandrababu Naidu.
Now that the forum had taken up its own action plan, it is to be seen how the TDP and the YSR Congress would respond.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar