The CPI and the CPM sponsored forum for the special category status had decided to intensify the agitation for the cause from June 15. A round table meeting of the forum decided to take up the struggle on its own without looking for the ruling Telugu Desam Party and the Opposition YSR Congress.
Led by Chalasani Srinivas, the forum would hold special conventions with the students in all educational institutions from June 15. They would hold special conventions for the students, teachers and the professors in schools, colleges and universities. The forum would hold meetings with the students unions and teachers associations across the State to involve them in the future struggle.
Once the students and teachers are involved, the forum would take up the second phase of the agitation that includes the road blockade and would proceed to hold 24 hour-long national highways blockade in the State. The forum would close all the national highways passing through the State for 24 hours bringing the national vehicular traffic to a standstill.
In the third phase, the forum would constitute committees at the village level and take up signature campaign which would be sent to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Central government. Then it would organise meetings for the key issues like railway zone, steel plant, Dugarajapatnam port and the central institutions.
The forum had decided not to invite the ruling TDP or the Opposition YSR Congress but would welcome if they join. Interestingly, the YSR Congress has been part of the agitations sponsored by the forum for the past three years but the TDP had never taken part of the agitations. Instead, TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu wanted the forum and the Left parties to support him. The forum and the Left parties have initially backed Chandrababu Naidu when he called for the all-party meeting after he pulled out from the NDA. But, later on with the people criticising them for joining hands with the TDP, the CPI and the CPM, besides the forum distanced from Chandrababu Naidu.
Now that the forum had taken up its own action plan, it is to be seen how the TDP and the YSR Congress would respond.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam