A Bangalore based Consumer court has ordered that husbands should not be making use of the ATM cards of their wives. In 2013, a lady named Vandhana's husband had made use of her ATM card and had tried withdrawing 25000 rupees from an ATM.
However though the amount was debited from her account, the amount was not dispensed from the ATM. Following this he had filed a case, and it was in this case that the court has ordered in a different way. In this case filed in the consumer court, SBI had argued that the money was indeed dispensed and the customer had taken the money but the couple had argued that money was not dispensed from the ATM.
The video evidence from the CCTV
camera in the ATM was used as evidence and it was found that the couple did not
withdraw money. However the SBI bank side argued that the case must be
dismissed as the card was not used by the cardholder and it was illegal to use
other's cards and hence case must be dismissed. Following this the court had
ordered that wife's card should not be used by husband and hence the money was
also not given back to the customer.
Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months Washington sources reported that the Trump administration may deny green cards to immigrants who have availed or may avail government benefits including food and cash assistance under new rules which could negatively affect hundreds of thousands of Indians living in the US. Meanwhile the
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?