A Bangalore based Consumer court has ordered that husbands should not be making use of the ATM cards of their wives. In 2013, a lady named Vandhana's husband had made use of her ATM card and had tried withdrawing 25000 rupees from an ATM.
However though the amount was debited from her account, the amount was not dispensed from the ATM. Following this he had filed a case, and it was in this case that the court has ordered in a different way. In this case filed in the consumer court, SBI had argued that the money was indeed dispensed and the customer had taken the money but the couple had argued that money was not dispensed from the ATM.
The video evidence from the CCTV
camera in the ATM was used as evidence and it was found that the couple did not
withdraw money. However the SBI bank side argued that the case must be
dismissed as the card was not used by the cardholder and it was illegal to use
other's cards and hence case must be dismissed. Following this the court had
ordered that wife's card should not be used by husband and hence the money was
also not given back to the customer.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?