Beijing sources reported that India refused to back China's Belt and Road project at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Summit which ended in the Chinese city of Qingdao on Sunday. Accordingly the name of all member countries except India figured in the paragraph of the joint declaration endorsing Beijing's multi-billion dollar project.
Meanwhile India on earlier occasions too has not shown support for the project, the key artery of which goes through the disputed part of Kashmir claimed by New Delhi and held by Pakistan. The declaration said "The Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, and the Republic of Uzbekistan reaffirm their support for the 'Belt and Road Initiative' proposed by China and affirm that all parties should implement the 'Belt and Road Initiative' to promote the 'Belt and Road' initiative”.
Earlier in the day, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said New Delhi
supported connectivity but not at the cost of sovereignty and territorial
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!