Beijing sources reported that India refused to back China's Belt and Road project at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Summit which ended in the Chinese city of Qingdao on Sunday. Accordingly the name of all member countries except India figured in the paragraph of the joint declaration endorsing Beijing's multi-billion dollar project.
Meanwhile India on earlier occasions too has not shown support for the project, the key artery of which goes through the disputed part of Kashmir claimed by New Delhi and held by Pakistan. The declaration said "The Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, and the Republic of Uzbekistan reaffirm their support for the 'Belt and Road Initiative' proposed by China and affirm that all parties should implement the 'Belt and Road Initiative' to promote the 'Belt and Road' initiative”.
Earlier in the day, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said New Delhi
supported connectivity but not at the cost of sovereignty and territorial
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?