Accordingly the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) is taking no chances this year, having fully equipped itself ahead of the monsoon to tackle any flooding in the city. The municipal body said “The GHMC has taken up a survey to identify dilapidated structures in all circles. The structures which were already demolished and repaired were removed from the list and new structures were identified. As per report the total number of dilapidated building was about 996, out of which 667 structures were demolished in the last 3 years”.
It added “The desiltation of all open nalas, covered drains and small drains was taken up on an annual basis throughout the year and Rs 2,662.10 lakh was sanctioned. So far 2.4 lakh cubic meters of silt has been removed from the drains, which is 0.1 cubic meter more than the desilting last year”.
Furthermore stating that it has deployed teams ready to tackle water logging,
inundation and other problems that low lying areas could face this monsoon, the
GHMC also said that several enforcement drives were conducted to remove
encroachments on drains. GHMC said 1,252 properties were identified encroaching
around 83 nalas, out of which 372 properties were removed. Moreover the GHMC
has also deployed teams with all necessary equipment for road repairs and for
dewatering low lying areas with pump sets if there is water logging.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes