Andhra Pradesh sources added CM Chandrababu Naidu has created history by successfully completing the construction of the famous diaphragm wall on Polavaram dam. Meanwhile as per report the crucial and the most difficult diaphragm wall have been built across 1396.60 metres stretch (length). Moreover with a width of 1.5 metres and going to depth of 95 metres (at some points) into the river, the diaphragm wall has been built with a great strength.
Media reports stated that it is learnt that the construction has been done from the depth of 2 metres below the discovery of the stones under the depth of river which is a herculean task. Moreover the diaphragm wall built to eliminate seepage below the dam in order to minimize water loss and increase stability will make the Polavaram Irrigation Project (PIP) unique.
Accordingly this diaphragm wall will serve as the foundation for the
Polavaram Dam with stone and clay and will be built 150 feet above the
diaphragm wall. Further the workers worked very hard for 412 days to complete
it before the time and the whole cost of the construction is estimated at Rs
430 crore. Presently the contractors, L&T, and German engineering company
Bauer has made it possible.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?