According to sources Nirav Modi, the billionaire jeweler at the heart of a more than $2 billion fraud case, has fled to the UK, where he is claiming political asylum, the media reported citing Indian and British officials. Britain's Home Office said it does not provide information on individual cases. As per report Nirav Modi could not be contacted by Reuters for comment on the report.
Earlier on May 1, it was reported that Nirav Modi was attempting to hire a lawyer who could help him get political asylum in the UK. Meanwhile the billionaire designer had approached at least two firms in the United Kingdom. As per report Punjab National Bank said earlier in 2018 that two jewelry groups headed by Nirav Modi and his uncle Mehul Choksi had defrauded it of about $2.2 billion by raising credit from overseas branches of other Indian banks using illegal guarantees issued by rogue PNB staff at a Mumbai branch over several years.
Furthermore the Ministry of external affairs told
the FT the Indian government was waiting for the law enforcement agencies to
approach them before pushing for an extradition, which had thus far not
happened. Moreover the ministry did not respond to a Reuters request for
comment outside regular working hours.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes