According to sources Nirav Modi, the billionaire jeweler at the heart of a more than $2 billion fraud case, has fled to the UK, where he is claiming political asylum, the media reported citing Indian and British officials. Britain's Home Office said it does not provide information on individual cases. As per report Nirav Modi could not be contacted by Reuters for comment on the report.
Earlier on May 1, it was reported that Nirav Modi was attempting to hire a lawyer who could help him get political asylum in the UK. Meanwhile the billionaire designer had approached at least two firms in the United Kingdom. As per report Punjab National Bank said earlier in 2018 that two jewelry groups headed by Nirav Modi and his uncle Mehul Choksi had defrauded it of about $2.2 billion by raising credit from overseas branches of other Indian banks using illegal guarantees issued by rogue PNB staff at a Mumbai branch over several years.
Furthermore the Ministry of external affairs told
the FT the Indian government was waiting for the law enforcement agencies to
approach them before pushing for an extradition, which had thus far not
happened. Moreover the ministry did not respond to a Reuters request for
comment outside regular working hours.
A guy has registered his Sex as 'Neutral' A Dutch citizen has registered his gender as 'Neutral' at the Roermond’s Limburg District Court. The Dutch citizen won the case after he registered the case as he wished to register neither as a male nor a female. Even though the judges urge the lawmakers to recognize him as 'Third gender' he was persistent to take over it as 'Neutral'.
- First Ever Dog Park been inaugurated in Kondapur
- Mark monitors how much we use FB
- India is the highest recipient of remittances
- US labeled the Chinese Warship's Actions unsafe
- Toll Gate Charges hiked!
- Why Swami Paripoornanandha joined BJP?
- Transfer of a Govt school teacher is revoked
- RSS & BJP believe in totalitarianism: Owaisi
- A New Century luxury Sedan Car from Toyota
- PM Narendra Modi offered prayers at Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
- Train Bulldozes into a Crowd during Dussehra Festival in Amristar
- Donald Trump calls Congressman Gianforte an incredible Montana leader
- Nara Brahmani donated for Cyclone Titli affected areas
- Congress not ready to share their seats with other grand alliance
- Pon Radhakrishnan comments amid raging MeToo storm