According to sources Nirav Modi, the billionaire jeweler at the heart of a more than $2 billion fraud case, has fled to the UK, where he is claiming political asylum, the media reported citing Indian and British officials. Britain's Home Office said it does not provide information on individual cases. As per report Nirav Modi could not be contacted by Reuters for comment on the report.
Earlier on May 1, it was reported that Nirav Modi was attempting to hire a lawyer who could help him get political asylum in the UK. Meanwhile the billionaire designer had approached at least two firms in the United Kingdom. As per report Punjab National Bank said earlier in 2018 that two jewelry groups headed by Nirav Modi and his uncle Mehul Choksi had defrauded it of about $2.2 billion by raising credit from overseas branches of other Indian banks using illegal guarantees issued by rogue PNB staff at a Mumbai branch over several years.
Furthermore the Ministry of external affairs told
the FT the Indian government was waiting for the law enforcement agencies to
approach them before pushing for an extradition, which had thus far not
happened. Moreover the ministry did not respond to a Reuters request for
comment outside regular working hours.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open