Hyderabad sources added that a toll free helpline aimed at providing counseling for people living with diabetes and diabetic retinopathy was launched here yesterday. Meanwhile former cricketer V V S Laxman unveiled the helpline 18001212096, an initiative of the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), in association with the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust UK.
According to sources, the helpline would be available in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and expanded to other parts of the country later, a release said "India is home to the second largest number of adults living with diabetes worldwide, after China. There were 72 million cases of diabetes in India in 2017 and this number is to double by 2025”.
Moreover Laxman, who made the first call after launching the helpline,
lauded the initiative. Recalling that renowned cricketer Wasim Akram, who was
one of the best performers of his time, never let it be known that he was a
diabetic and Laxman said it showed that the condition can be managed. Laxman
said "But knowing how to do, how to manage, addressing that is very important
and that's where he feels this helpline is very, very important”.
Public exam for 5th and 8th class! Earlier TN Govt had the no detention policy so that no student gets failed and is retained in the same class, considering the right to education which offers education without failing, till elementary school but now in an opposite decision the TN govt has announced public exams for even 5th and 8th class students.
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA