The central government plan to block WhatsApp all-over the nation to prevent the spreading of anti-national messages. Due to the widespread nature of anti-social elements across the country, this decision has been considered, revealed the central government.
As a first step, this WhatsApp ban will be implemented in several states of India. It must be noted that the central government had earlier planned to block Facebook. However, after severe criticism from all corners, the government withdrew the plan.
Yesterday the government had conducted a meeting to discuss the existence of anti-social elements in the nation and this meeting was attended by information and communication ministry members and security and defense ministry members. It was discussed regarding modes of transmission of anti-national messages.
The discussion leads to the conclusion that most of the anti-social, Government and anti-National messages are spread via WhatsApp. As a part of preventing this, soon the government will take steps to ban WhatsApp messaging and calling in several states of India. This is expected to begin in terrorist attack prone Kashmir.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018