YSR Congress MP V Vijayasai Reddy reiterated his demand for CBI probe into the irregularities in the TTD and the Tirumala temple. The TTD had become an eye of the storm with the priests and political parties making corruption and other charges against the TTD and the State government. On its part, the government is denying the charges. The TTD trust board had claimed that it would serve legal notices to former chief priest Ramana Deekshitulu and YSR Congress MP Vijayasai Reddy for making allegations against the TTD.
Deekshitulu, who was removed from the chief priest post on superannuation grounds, had come out with allegations of corruption and irregularities in the temple. He alleged that the temples’ historical kitchen – Potu – was dug in the name of renovation and the religious offerings could not be made to the Lord because the kitchen did not work for several days. He claimed that it was not for renovation of the kitchen but an attempt to unearth hidden wealth.
These charges are countered by the TTD and the TDP government but there is no substantial justification on the part of the TDP government and the TTD.The YSR Congress MP also made allegations of corruption and religious irregularities. He alleged that some valuable gold jewels were stolen by Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu and his son who have smuggled them to foreign countries. He sought CBI probe into the charges and dared Chandrababu Naidu and his son Lokesh to accept the challenge for CBI probe.
Taking strong exception to these charges, the TTD had threatened to issue legal notices to both Deekshitulu and Vijayasai Reddy. However, even after 48 hours, they did not receive any notice from the TTD. Vijayasai Reddy went on record reiterating his charges against Chandrababu Naidu and Lokesh and wanted them to face CBI probe.
Standing by his allegations, Vijayasai Reddy also raised several other allegations against the TDP government which included insider trading of Amaravati lands, misuse of funds in temporary secretariat complex, foreign tours of Chandrababu Naidu and his family, AgriGold scam, Heritage properties and the Singapore companies involvement in Amaravati, besides others.
It is becoming difficult for Chandrababu Naidu and the ruling TDP leaders, besides the TTD, to face the criticism from the opposition. The charges by Ramana Deekshitulu have turned a major portion of the Brahmin community against the TDP, which was already distancing from the ruling party after the unceremonious removal of former chief secretary I Y R Krishna Rao as chairman of the Brahmin Corporation.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome