The Madras High Court was scheduled to give its verdict in the disqualification of 18 AIADMK MLAs for activities against the party. The court had faced a number of petitions against Speaker P Dhanapal’s decision taken in last September which disqualified the MLAs who then withdrew support to the current AIADMK government headed by Chief Minister Edapaddi K Palaniswami and his deputy chief minister, O.Pannerselvam. The disqualified MLAs are now in support of independent MLA Dinakaran, who was earlier ousted from AIADMK.
In a most expected verdict, the court has pronounced that the disqualification persists. As the court supports the Speaker’s decision, bypolls will be held sooner for the 18 vacant seats. In case it had dismissed the disqualification order, the AIADMK government would have been in a situation to prove its majority in a floor test in the House. Currently, ruling party is technically in the minority because it has been obvious that the 18 MLAs will vote against EPS and end the government.
With 18 vacant seats, the House is now reduced to 216 members. The ruling AIADMK has 116 MLAs, and the Opposition owns 98 seats, with 89 DMK MLAs, eight Congress and one from IUML. TTV Dinakaran recently entered the House by winning RK Nagar bypolls.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees