Chennai sources stated that as part of its commitment to provide eco-friendly green services, Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) would soon set up electric vehicle le (EV) charging stations at four metro stations in the city. A senior official associated with CMRL said “We are in the starting stage of setting up EV charge stations at four stations, namely Thirumangalam, St. Thomas Mount, Alandur and Koyambedu”. Moreover he added that 10 electric bikes and five electronic cars could be charged at the same time.
Presently, CMRL is not levying any charge for parking electronic bikes and cycles at the metro station. As per report this move comes in light of the growing market for electric vehicles and the need to set up electric charging points for commuters. Moreover the major automakers in the country like Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra as well as cab companies like Uber and Ola have expressed the desire to set up charging stations for electric vehicles in the country.
Furthermore on the other hand, metro patronage
doubled in peak hours after the inauguration of two major stretches including
Little Mount to AG - DMS and Chennai Central to Shenoy Nagar. An official said
“While there has been 80% spike in the average ridership, we witness 12,000
passengers on average during peak hours (8-10:30 am and 5-8:30 pm)”.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?