New Delhi sources reported that India has welcomed the Donald Trump-Kim Jong Un summit that took place in Singapore on Tuesday. Accordingly a Ministry of External Affairs statement expressed hope the “outcomes would be implemented, thus paving the way for lasting peace and stability in the Korean Peninsula.”
Meanwhile New Delhi described the meeting as a “positive development”. Furthermore India's interest in the summit was encapsulated in the MEA’s reaction. India used to be the third largest trading partner for North Korea until sanctions bit and India clamped down. While most of those sanctions remain in place, India would be looking to exploit whatever opportunity finds its way.
Furthermore as per report India, the world's
largest democracy, and North Korea, the world's most isolated country (till
about last month) are not enemies for sure. Moreover weeks before the Trump-Kim
summit, India had reached out to North Korea with Minister VK Singh in
Pyongyang last month plus in the first high level visit since 1998.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy