New Delhi sources reported that India has welcomed the Donald Trump-Kim Jong Un summit that took place in Singapore on Tuesday. Accordingly a Ministry of External Affairs statement expressed hope the “outcomes would be implemented, thus paving the way for lasting peace and stability in the Korean Peninsula.”
Meanwhile New Delhi described the meeting as a “positive development”. Furthermore India's interest in the summit was encapsulated in the MEA’s reaction. India used to be the third largest trading partner for North Korea until sanctions bit and India clamped down. While most of those sanctions remain in place, India would be looking to exploit whatever opportunity finds its way.
Furthermore as per report India, the world's
largest democracy, and North Korea, the world's most isolated country (till
about last month) are not enemies for sure. Moreover weeks before the Trump-Kim
summit, India had reached out to North Korea with Minister VK Singh in
Pyongyang last month plus in the first high level visit since 1998.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu