Central minister Ravishankar Prasad has revealed that discussions are on with Minister Nitin Gadkari, to execute a plan to link Aadhaar card with Driving License. Ravishankar has said that this will be helpful in finding and arresting the accused who are involved in a hit and run cases, and drunken drive cases.
He has further said that many people use more than one license, and in case of one license getting seized, they make use of another license and continue driving the vehicles. To prevent people from making use of more than one license, Aadhaar card needs to be linked to Driving license, said the minister.
Aadhaar card plays a crucial role in
most of the developmental plans of the central government. Besides, even for
Pan Card, Sim card, Bank accounts, Aadhaar has been mandated to be linked. Now,
the demand to link Aadhaar with driving license and Election Voters card has
intensified. It must be noted that this plan has been in consideration since
September 2017. Besides, Supreme court has extended the deadline to link mobile
numbers and bank accounts with Aadhaar cards.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!