In an attempt to get turnout at the International Yoga Day celebrations in Dehradun planned on June 21, the uttaeao government has set targets for government departments in the state, to bring more than 50,000 participants to the celebration which will be attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
With Yoga Day a week away, the state government activities have troubled many departments. As per the letter from R K Sudhanshu, secretary, ayush department, the Uttarakhand home guard's target is 250, the health education department has a target of 2,000, ayush education target is 1000, youth welfare department has 3,000 target, higher education department has 2,000, polytechnic colleges 2,500 and nursing colleges 2,000 target.
Other government departments like
tourism, agriculture have to achieve joint target of 10,000 participants. Chief
secretary Utpal Kumar Singh had said these targets for departments were a
good initiative to send a positive message to the country. A target of 6000 has
been given to the primary and secondary education departments despite the fact
that schools are closed for vacations.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code