In an attempt to get turnout at the International Yoga Day celebrations in Dehradun planned on June 21, the uttaeao government has set targets for government departments in the state, to bring more than 50,000 participants to the celebration which will be attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
With Yoga Day a week away, the state government activities have troubled many departments. As per the letter from R K Sudhanshu, secretary, ayush department, the Uttarakhand home guard's target is 250, the health education department has a target of 2,000, ayush education target is 1000, youth welfare department has 3,000 target, higher education department has 2,000, polytechnic colleges 2,500 and nursing colleges 2,000 target.
Other government departments like
tourism, agriculture have to achieve joint target of 10,000 participants. Chief
secretary Utpal Kumar Singh had said these targets for departments were a
good initiative to send a positive message to the country. A target of 6000 has
been given to the primary and secondary education departments despite the fact
that schools are closed for vacations.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open