New Delhi sources reported that to encourage its 217 million users in India donate blood for the needy, Facebook on Thursday launched a new blood donations centre on its platform that shows people opportunities to donate in their city, including nearby blood donation events, requests for blood donors and blood banks.
Meanwhile marking the World Blood Donor Day, the new centre that was announced at the F8 developers' conference in San Jose in May this year, can be accessed from the explore menu on the device. People who visit "Blood Donations centre" on Facebook can also sign up to be a blood donor and get notified directly when there is a need for blood nearby.
Accordingly the social media giant has also
announced new partnership with organizations across the country, including the
National Blood Transfusion Council, a division of Ministry of Health and Family
Welfare (MoHFW), and Giants Welfare Foundation a non-profit. Moreover as part
of the partnership, Facebook has set up over 2,000 blood donation events this
month which will be featured in the new Blood Donation centre. Further the
campaign will include stories of people who have helped saved lives using our
blood donation features.
Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it! Former Indian swashbuckling opening batsman Virender Sehwag has challenged that though Indian Skipper, run machine Virat Kohli has been making new records and breaking existing records, smashing most of the records of Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, he won't be able to overcome several records. Kolhi has been on a rampage as he has been breaking records one after the other with every match and he is literally unstoppable.
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?