New Delhi sources reported that to encourage its 217 million users in India donate blood for the needy, Facebook on Thursday launched a new blood donations centre on its platform that shows people opportunities to donate in their city, including nearby blood donation events, requests for blood donors and blood banks.
Meanwhile marking the World Blood Donor Day, the new centre that was announced at the F8 developers' conference in San Jose in May this year, can be accessed from the explore menu on the device. People who visit "Blood Donations centre" on Facebook can also sign up to be a blood donor and get notified directly when there is a need for blood nearby.
Accordingly the social media giant has also
announced new partnership with organizations across the country, including the
National Blood Transfusion Council, a division of Ministry of Health and Family
Welfare (MoHFW), and Giants Welfare Foundation a non-profit. Moreover as part
of the partnership, Facebook has set up over 2,000 blood donation events this
month which will be featured in the new Blood Donation centre. Further the
campaign will include stories of people who have helped saved lives using our
blood donation features.
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall