Thiruvananthapuram sources added that District collectors in Kozhikode, Kottayam, Alappuzha and Wayanad have declared a holiday for schools and all academic institutions on Thursday following heavy rains and flash floods. Accordingly five people including three children were killed in flash floods and landslides at Kattippara in Thamarassery in Kozhikode. Meanwhile as per report the school buildings are functioning as relief camps for those affected by the floods and landslides.
Media reports added all academic institutions barring professional colleges and anganwadi in areas such as Arpookara, Aymanam, Manarcaud, Vijayapuram, Kumarakom and Thiruvaruppu in Kottayam district will remain shut on Thursday. Moreover in Wayanad district, all academic institutions apart from professional colleges have been declared shut. Furthermore in Vellarikundu Taluk of Kasargode district all academic institutions have been declared shut.
Presently the National Disaster Response Force
(NDRF) has been called in for rescue and relief work in hilly
areas. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan posted on his Facebook page
that a 48 member team of the NDRF will be immediately dispatched to Kozhikode
and that another team of the NDRF will be stationed in the state to face any
other rain-related emergencies.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections