Thiruvananthapuram sources added that District collectors in Kozhikode, Kottayam, Alappuzha and Wayanad have declared a holiday for schools and all academic institutions on Thursday following heavy rains and flash floods. Accordingly five people including three children were killed in flash floods and landslides at Kattippara in Thamarassery in Kozhikode. Meanwhile as per report the school buildings are functioning as relief camps for those affected by the floods and landslides.
Media reports added all academic institutions barring professional colleges and anganwadi in areas such as Arpookara, Aymanam, Manarcaud, Vijayapuram, Kumarakom and Thiruvaruppu in Kottayam district will remain shut on Thursday. Moreover in Wayanad district, all academic institutions apart from professional colleges have been declared shut. Furthermore in Vellarikundu Taluk of Kasargode district all academic institutions have been declared shut.
Presently the National Disaster Response Force
(NDRF) has been called in for rescue and relief work in hilly
areas. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan posted on his Facebook page
that a 48 member team of the NDRF will be immediately dispatched to Kozhikode
and that another team of the NDRF will be stationed in the state to face any
other rain-related emergencies.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees