The Bharatiya Janata Party leaders are now talking more about the Pattiseema Lift Irrigation Scheme on Godavari River to accuse the Telugu Desam Party of indulging in corruption. The BJP leaders, starting from MLC Somu Veerraju to the party president Kanna Lakshminarayana are making corruption charges against the government basing on this project.
Somu Veerraju had already given a report to the Central government seeking probe. BJP floor leader in Assembly P Vishnukumar Raju too had made several corruption charges against the project. After taking over the charge as AP president, Kanna Lakshminarayana took up the issue and is reliably understood to have given a detailed report on the project to BJP national president Amit Shah and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Meanwhile, the YSR Congress too had levelled similar charges against the project. While the TDP claims it as greater achievement, the BJP and the YSR Congress term it as the biggest corruption.
YSR Congress MLA and Assembly’s Public Accounts Committee chairman Buggana Rajendranath Reddy had reviewed the project a couple of times earlier and found several irregularities in it. He too had prepared a report on the project corruption and is understood to have given it to the BJP leadership.
The project was initially planned to pump Godavari water at Pattiseema and it was initially estimated to cost Rs 1300 crore. The project pumps the river water and it is diverted into the Polavaram Right Main Canal, which takes the water to Krishna River at Prakasam Barrage in Vijayawada. This was a temporary project before the Polavaram is completed. The government had in no time, revised the project cost to Rs 1600 crore and started the scheme with just two motor pumps, which were also allegedly borrowed from the Galeru-Nagari project.
It is alleged that the contractor, Megha Engineering, had not procured the required 24 pumpsets for the project and was running the show with minimum pumps as most of the project money had gone into the pockets of the ruling party leaders.
It is widely debated in the State that the BJP, after the break-up of ties with the TDP, is now planning to fix the TDP leaders on this project. Somu Veerraju and Kanna Lakshminarayana are said to be serious on the project and the corruption involved in it and are currently camping in the national capital to mount pressure for a thorough investigation into the project irregularities. It is to be seen how the BJP would handle this issue and how the YSR Congress, as an Opposition, would use it in its favour to hit at the TDP.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal