The Bharatiya Janata Party leaders are now talking more about the Pattiseema Lift Irrigation Scheme on Godavari River to accuse the Telugu Desam Party of indulging in corruption. The BJP leaders, starting from MLC Somu Veerraju to the party president Kanna Lakshminarayana are making corruption charges against the government basing on this project.
Somu Veerraju had already given a report to the Central government seeking probe. BJP floor leader in Assembly P Vishnukumar Raju too had made several corruption charges against the project. After taking over the charge as AP president, Kanna Lakshminarayana took up the issue and is reliably understood to have given a detailed report on the project to BJP national president Amit Shah and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Meanwhile, the YSR Congress too had levelled similar charges against the project. While the TDP claims it as greater achievement, the BJP and the YSR Congress term it as the biggest corruption.
YSR Congress MLA and Assembly’s Public Accounts Committee chairman Buggana Rajendranath Reddy had reviewed the project a couple of times earlier and found several irregularities in it. He too had prepared a report on the project corruption and is understood to have given it to the BJP leadership.
The project was initially planned to pump Godavari water at Pattiseema and it was initially estimated to cost Rs 1300 crore. The project pumps the river water and it is diverted into the Polavaram Right Main Canal, which takes the water to Krishna River at Prakasam Barrage in Vijayawada. This was a temporary project before the Polavaram is completed. The government had in no time, revised the project cost to Rs 1600 crore and started the scheme with just two motor pumps, which were also allegedly borrowed from the Galeru-Nagari project.
It is alleged that the contractor, Megha Engineering, had not procured the required 24 pumpsets for the project and was running the show with minimum pumps as most of the project money had gone into the pockets of the ruling party leaders.
It is widely debated in the State that the BJP, after the break-up of ties with the TDP, is now planning to fix the TDP leaders on this project. Somu Veerraju and Kanna Lakshminarayana are said to be serious on the project and the corruption involved in it and are currently camping in the national capital to mount pressure for a thorough investigation into the project irregularities. It is to be seen how the BJP would handle this issue and how the YSR Congress, as an Opposition, would use it in its favour to hit at the TDP.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!