Chennai sources made a statement that after making several new announcements for farming and horticulture sectors, the Chief Minister said the government would provide 500 solar powered pump sets to farmers in non-delta regions with 90% subsidy at a total cost of Rs 50 crore. Meanwhile Mr. Palaniswamy said “This would be in addition to the 500 pump sets already provided to farmers in the Cauvery delta region as part of the Kuruvai crop package and the move would facilitate riots to make use of the abundant solar power generation potential in the state”.
As per report so far, the government has provided 3,112 solar pump sets and 181 solar panels at a total subsidized cost of `117.24 core across the state under the Solar Energy Policy 2012. The government would provide solar pump sets with 90% subsidy to those giving up free electricity for agriculture.
Furthermore Mr. Palaniswami said aiming to lure more youngsters into
farming, the government would introduce 2 year Diploma in Horticulture course
in Krishnagiri and Dindigul branch of Tamilnadu Agricultural University, with
an in take of 50 students each.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees