Central government's Niti Ayog committee has given a report where it has stated that India will soon face a huge water scarcity situation. India has been facing scarcity of water already in many places these days. In the research done by Niti Ayog, it has been concluded that the water needs of the nation will increase to double the times than now, by 2030.
The Niti Ayog discussion meeting was held yesterday in Delhi. In the meeting, the water resources minister Nitin Gadkari had briefed on the water conditions. A report on water management was presented at the meeting. According to the report, more than 60 crores Indians are subjected to lack of access to water.
The report also has a shocking point that more than 2 lakh people die every year due to water problems. By 2020, more than 20 prominent cities of the country will lose their groundwater resource, said the minister. He had also said that people must not waste water resources, and save rainwater by implementing rainwater harvesting methodologies, besides also planting trees, else India will become another Cape Town, South Africa, said the minister.
Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple Chennai sources made a statement that Tamilnadu created many spiritual leaders including those from Jains to serve the people. Meanwhile this was also the objective of the late chief minister J. Jayalalitha, who had taken a political path. Accordingly Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami said in Acharya Shree Mahashraman Chaturmas Pravas Vyavastha Samiti held in the city, on Saturday. “Jain saints and late Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha converge on same ideals”.
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities