Central government's Niti Ayog committee has given a report where it has stated that India will soon face a huge water scarcity situation. India has been facing scarcity of water already in many places these days. In the research done by Niti Ayog, it has been concluded that the water needs of the nation will increase to double the times than now, by 2030.
The Niti Ayog discussion meeting was held yesterday in Delhi. In the meeting, the water resources minister Nitin Gadkari had briefed on the water conditions. A report on water management was presented at the meeting. According to the report, more than 60 crores Indians are subjected to lack of access to water.
The report also has a shocking point that more than 2 lakh people die every year due to water problems. By 2020, more than 20 prominent cities of the country will lose their groundwater resource, said the minister. He had also said that people must not waste water resources, and save rainwater by implementing rainwater harvesting methodologies, besides also planting trees, else India will become another Cape Town, South Africa, said the minister.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party