Central government's Niti Ayog committee has given a report where it has stated that India will soon face a huge water scarcity situation. India has been facing scarcity of water already in many places these days. In the research done by Niti Ayog, it has been concluded that the water needs of the nation will increase to double the times than now, by 2030.
The Niti Ayog discussion meeting was held yesterday in Delhi. In the meeting, the water resources minister Nitin Gadkari had briefed on the water conditions. A report on water management was presented at the meeting. According to the report, more than 60 crores Indians are subjected to lack of access to water.
The report also has a shocking point that more than 2 lakh people die every year due to water problems. By 2020, more than 20 prominent cities of the country will lose their groundwater resource, said the minister. He had also said that people must not waste water resources, and save rainwater by implementing rainwater harvesting methodologies, besides also planting trees, else India will become another Cape Town, South Africa, said the minister.
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day