Accordingly as per new UNICEF analysis the United Nations sources stated that India is among almost 90 countries in the world which do not have national policies in place that ensure new fathers get adequate paid time off with their newborn babies. Moreover UN agency said almost two thirds of the world’s children under one year old nearly 90 million live in countries where their fathers are not entitled by law to a single day of paid paternity leave.
As per report India and Nigeria, which have high infant populations, are among the 92 countries which do not have national policies in place that ensure new fathers get adequate paid time off with their newborn babies. Moreover UNICEF noted that around the world, momentum for family-friendly policies was growing and it cited the example of India, where officials are proposing a Paternity Benefit Bill for consideration in the next session of Parliament which would allow fathers up to three months of paid paternity leave.
Furthermore after noting that much work remains to
be done, the UN agency said in eight countries across the world, including the
United States which is home to nearly four million infants, there was no paid
maternity or paternity leave policy. Moreover other countries with high infant
populations, including Brazil and Congo, all have national paid paternity leave
policies, although offering relatively short term entitlements.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?