Accordingly as per new UNICEF analysis the United Nations sources stated that India is among almost 90 countries in the world which do not have national policies in place that ensure new fathers get adequate paid time off with their newborn babies. Moreover UN agency said almost two thirds of the world’s children under one year old nearly 90 million live in countries where their fathers are not entitled by law to a single day of paid paternity leave.
As per report India and Nigeria, which have high infant populations, are among the 92 countries which do not have national policies in place that ensure new fathers get adequate paid time off with their newborn babies. Moreover UNICEF noted that around the world, momentum for family-friendly policies was growing and it cited the example of India, where officials are proposing a Paternity Benefit Bill for consideration in the next session of Parliament which would allow fathers up to three months of paid paternity leave.
Furthermore after noting that much work remains to
be done, the UN agency said in eight countries across the world, including the
United States which is home to nearly four million infants, there was no paid
maternity or paternity leave policy. Moreover other countries with high infant
populations, including Brazil and Congo, all have national paid paternity leave
policies, although offering relatively short term entitlements.
Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR? Hyderabad sources stated that Telangana CM K.T. Rama Rao and his wife have total assets of over Rs 41 crore, according to the affidavit submitted by him to the election authorities on Monday while filing the nomination for next month's Assembly election. Meanwhile K. Shailima owns assets worth Rs 36.68 crore, her husband are only worth Rs 4.93 crore and their daughter K. Alekhya has a bank balance
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja