As per report from sources Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy said on Friday that he had instructed officials to release 20,000 cusecs from Kabini dam as he expressed hope there would be smooth sharing of Cauvery river water with Tamilnadu in view of prospects of a good monsoon. He said "He had instructed irrigation officials to release 20,000 cusecs from the Kabini dam. There is a bright chance for good monsoon rains this year and if the monsoon continues like this, we can give Tamilnadu's share of 10 TMC in June as per the Cauvery water sharing authority's order".
Moreover Kumaraswamy said "The water to be released from Kabini would benefit both sides and farmers in both states would be happy and by the grace of God the monsoon has so far been good and has created a smooth atmosphere in sharing Cauvery water," he told reporters after offering worship at the Sri Meenakshi temple in Madurai.
Furthermore Kumaraswamy said there was good rain in the catchment areas of
rivers in Karnataka and dams were receiving good inflows. Media report added
that Makkal Needhi Maiam founder Kamal Hassan expressed happiness over the
Karnataka government's decision to release water from the Kabini dam. Meanwhile
Kamal Hassan who called on Kumaraswamy early this month in Bengaluru discussed
the Cauvery issue and pitched for talks to resolve the issue, saying courts
were never a solution to the problem of sharing of the inter-state river.
Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line Hyderabad sources added that in a bid to encourage more people to get drinking water tap connections in urban areas, the state government of Telangana drastically slashed the deposit amount to just “Rs One ”for the below poverty line families and to “Rs 100” for others as against present Rs 6,000 as quoted in a release. Meanwhile in all municipalities and municipal corporations, the BPL
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?
- Know how to hide Caller ID when making call to Uber Driver