As per report from sources Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy said on Friday that he had instructed officials to release 20,000 cusecs from Kabini dam as he expressed hope there would be smooth sharing of Cauvery river water with Tamilnadu in view of prospects of a good monsoon. He said "He had instructed irrigation officials to release 20,000 cusecs from the Kabini dam. There is a bright chance for good monsoon rains this year and if the monsoon continues like this, we can give Tamilnadu's share of 10 TMC in June as per the Cauvery water sharing authority's order".
Moreover Kumaraswamy said "The water to be released from Kabini would benefit both sides and farmers in both states would be happy and by the grace of God the monsoon has so far been good and has created a smooth atmosphere in sharing Cauvery water," he told reporters after offering worship at the Sri Meenakshi temple in Madurai.
Furthermore Kumaraswamy said there was good rain in the catchment areas of
rivers in Karnataka and dams were receiving good inflows. Media report added
that Makkal Needhi Maiam founder Kamal Hassan expressed happiness over the
Karnataka government's decision to release water from the Kabini dam. Meanwhile
Kamal Hassan who called on Kumaraswamy early this month in Bengaluru discussed
the Cauvery issue and pitched for talks to resolve the issue, saying courts
were never a solution to the problem of sharing of the inter-state river.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018