Guatemala City sources reported that recently tourists from a Japanese cruise ship that docked in Guatemala this week have raised more than $11,000 for those affected by the eruption of the Fuego volcano in the Central American country. Accordingly the ship, Asuka II, arrived in Puerto Quetzal on the country's Pacific coast on June 11 and at the initiative of the crew and the passengers, the funds were raised.
As per report from Japanese Embassy "The passengers and crew made a gesture of "fraternity and solidarity" with the people of Guatemala in the face of the tragedy and natural disaster caused by the eruption of the volcano". Accordingly the Fuego volcano suffered its biggest eruption in recent years on June 3, leaving 110 dead and almost 200 missing, in addition to causing significant material damage. Earlier on Friday, the volcano produced seven explosions per hour and small pyroclastic flows.
Moreover Guatemala's National Institute for Seismology, Volcanology,
Meteorology and Hydrology said that the volcano, located some 50 km west of the
capital, has been producing between five and seven moderate explosions per hour
and has belched out ash clouds rising 4,700 metres into the air.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy