As per report from Cape Canaveral NASA's record-breaking astronaut, Peggy Whitson, retired today less than a year after returning from her last and longest spaceflight. According to sources she had spent more time off the planet than any other American: 665 days over three space station missions. Meanwhile she is also the world's most experienced female space walker, with 10 under her spacesuit belt.
Accordingly Whitson was the first woman to command the International Space Station, holding the position twice, and the oldest woman ever to fly in space. Whitson said "She was also the only woman to have served as chief of NASA's male-dominated astronaut corps. Fellow astronauts called her a "space ninja and it has been the greatest honor to live out my lifelong dream of being a @NASA Astronaut".
Recently NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine called Whitson an inspiration,
because citing her determination and dedication to science, exploration and
discovery. Brian Kelly, director of flight operations at Johnson Space Center
in Houston, said in a statement "She set the highest standards for human
spaceflight operations as well as being an outstanding role model for women and
men in America and across the globe."
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code