Sources from Kano, Nigeria reported that two blasts ripped through the town of Damboa in Borno state Saturday evening targeting people returning from celebrating the Eid al-Fitr holiday, in an attack bearing all the hallmarks of Boko Haram. Meanwhile following the suicide bombings, the jihadists fired rocket propelled grenades into the crowds that had gathered at the scene of the attacks, driving the number of casualties higher.
Militia leader Babakura Kolo told "There were two suicide attacks and rocket propelled grenade explosions in Damboa last night which killed 31 people and left several others injured”. Moreover two suicide bombers detonated their explosives in Shuwari and nearby Abachari neighborhoods in the town around 10:45 pm (2145GMT), killing six residents, said Kolo, speaking from the state capital Maiduguri, which is 88 kilometers from the town. Kolo said "No one needs to be told this is the work of Boko Haram”.
Moreover a local government official, who spoke on the condition of
anonymity, confirmed the death toll. The official added "The latest death
toll is now 31 but it may increase because many among the injured may not
survive”. Further the jihadist group has deployed suicide bombers, many of them
young girls, in mosques, markets and camps housing people displaced by the
nine-year insurgency which has devastated Nigeria's northeast.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code