Sources from Kano, Nigeria reported that two blasts ripped through the town of Damboa in Borno state Saturday evening targeting people returning from celebrating the Eid al-Fitr holiday, in an attack bearing all the hallmarks of Boko Haram. Meanwhile following the suicide bombings, the jihadists fired rocket propelled grenades into the crowds that had gathered at the scene of the attacks, driving the number of casualties higher.
Militia leader Babakura Kolo told "There were two suicide attacks and rocket propelled grenade explosions in Damboa last night which killed 31 people and left several others injured”. Moreover two suicide bombers detonated their explosives in Shuwari and nearby Abachari neighborhoods in the town around 10:45 pm (2145GMT), killing six residents, said Kolo, speaking from the state capital Maiduguri, which is 88 kilometers from the town. Kolo said "No one needs to be told this is the work of Boko Haram”.
Moreover a local government official, who spoke on the condition of
anonymity, confirmed the death toll. The official added "The latest death
toll is now 31 but it may increase because many among the injured may not
survive”. Further the jihadist group has deployed suicide bombers, many of them
young girls, in mosques, markets and camps housing people displaced by the
nine-year insurgency which has devastated Nigeria's northeast.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar