AP Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu is rallying the Chief Ministers of non-BJP ruled States against Prime Minister Narendra Modi. What he started in Bengaluru last month is continuing in Delhi with the AP Chief Minister taking lead to raise the voices for the States against the Central government’s approach and also against the Prime Minister.
After breaking the alliance with the BJP, Chandrababu Naidu rallied the non-BJP forces to intensify the fight. He backed the candidature of Janata Dal (Secular) chief H D Kumaraswamy as Chief Minister of Karnataka with the support of the Congress. It was here he rallied the Chief Ministers of Kerala, West Bengal, Delhi and other States.
Now, camping in Delhi to attend the NITI Aayog meeting to be chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the AP Chief Minister held a meeting with the Chief Ministers of three other States – West Bengal, Kerala and Karnataka. The four chief ministers, Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Benerji, Pinarayi Vijayan and Kumaraswamy, met in Delhi on Saturday evening and extended support to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, who is on a protest against the Lieutenant Governor’s intervention in the IAS officers’ functioning against the State.
Interestingly, it was Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao who mooted the idea of building a secular front, an alternative of the regional parties against the Congress-led UPA and the BJP-led NDA. He had even met Mamata Benerji in West Bengal and extended support to Kumaraswamy in Karnataka. Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav had met Chandrasekhar Rao in Hyderabad and it was believed that the Telangana Chief Minister would rally the non-BJP chief ministers. However, Chandrababu Naidu had hijacked it conveniently and is now an active player of the proposed front. He had gained the support of the Chief Ministers of Kerala, Karnataka, Pondicherry, West Bengal and Delhi, with whose support, Chandrababu Naidu is fighting against Narendra Modi’s dispensation.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018