A Telugu media house – Andhra Jyothi – had flashed a survey on the present political situation in Andhra Pradesh. Claimed to have been done by former Congress MP and business tycoon, Lagadapati Rajagopal, the survey projected a comfortable win for the ruling Telugu Desam Party and a huge loss to the Opposition YSR Congress.
Lagadapati Rajagopal is known as ‘Andhra Octopus’ for his accurate predictions and it is now seen as his survey was manipulated to build a favourable image for Chandrababu Naidu and his Telugu Desam Party. As the political leanings of Andhra Jyothi are known to be pro-Telugu Desam Party, the survey results too were seen on the same lines.
The survey claimed no anti-incumbency for Chandrababu Naidu, while it rules out any impact of Jaganmohan Reddy’s Praja Sankalpa Yatra, which attracts thousands of people all through in the last six months. The survey also tried to build a greater positive image for Chandrababu Naidu on his fight for the special category status demand. Though Chandrababu Naidu raised the demand just two months ago, the survey attributed peoples’ support for Chandrababu Naidu on the issue, ignoring the fight by the Opposition YSR Congress and the other parties that have been keeping the issue alive even when Chandrababu Naidu compromised on the issue during his stay with the NDA.
Andhra Jyothi group had always been airing reports in favour of the TDP and the survey was not a surprise for the people who watch the channel or its print version. The interesting point is that if elections are held right now, the TDP wins 110 Assembly seats, an up by 8 seats from 2014 and YSR Congress wins 60 seats, a fall by 7 seats that it had won in the last election. As there is no possibility of having elections at this point of time, this survey can be ridiculed.
Attributing to Lagadapati Rajagopal, the survey is seen as a plot by the pro-TDP media to build a positive image for Chandrababu Naidu in the adverse situation where he is isolated in the State politics after his break-up with the BJP. In 2019 election, perhaps for the first time, Chandrababu Naidu would be going to the elections without alliance. Interestingly, there is no party left in the State to align with Naidu in the election and it is for this reality, the media tried to build a positive image for him.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!