A Telugu media house – Andhra Jyothi – had flashed a survey on the present political situation in Andhra Pradesh. Claimed to have been done by former Congress MP and business tycoon, Lagadapati Rajagopal, the survey projected a comfortable win for the ruling Telugu Desam Party and a huge loss to the Opposition YSR Congress.
Lagadapati Rajagopal is known as ‘Andhra Octopus’ for his accurate predictions and it is now seen as his survey was manipulated to build a favourable image for Chandrababu Naidu and his Telugu Desam Party. As the political leanings of Andhra Jyothi are known to be pro-Telugu Desam Party, the survey results too were seen on the same lines.
The survey claimed no anti-incumbency for Chandrababu Naidu, while it rules out any impact of Jaganmohan Reddy’s Praja Sankalpa Yatra, which attracts thousands of people all through in the last six months. The survey also tried to build a greater positive image for Chandrababu Naidu on his fight for the special category status demand. Though Chandrababu Naidu raised the demand just two months ago, the survey attributed peoples’ support for Chandrababu Naidu on the issue, ignoring the fight by the Opposition YSR Congress and the other parties that have been keeping the issue alive even when Chandrababu Naidu compromised on the issue during his stay with the NDA.
Andhra Jyothi group had always been airing reports in favour of the TDP and the survey was not a surprise for the people who watch the channel or its print version. The interesting point is that if elections are held right now, the TDP wins 110 Assembly seats, an up by 8 seats from 2014 and YSR Congress wins 60 seats, a fall by 7 seats that it had won in the last election. As there is no possibility of having elections at this point of time, this survey can be ridiculed.
Attributing to Lagadapati Rajagopal, the survey is seen as a plot by the pro-TDP media to build a positive image for Chandrababu Naidu in the adverse situation where he is isolated in the State politics after his break-up with the BJP. In 2019 election, perhaps for the first time, Chandrababu Naidu would be going to the elections without alliance. Interestingly, there is no party left in the State to align with Naidu in the election and it is for this reality, the media tried to build a positive image for him.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy