Thoothukudi district administration office has sent officials to examine the Vedanta owned Sterlite Copper Plant's sulphuric acid leak reported in a storage unit of the plant which was sealed. Chemicals and hazardous waste from the place will be removed, said the Thoothukudi Collector Sandeep Nanthuri.
The location was visited by a special team consisting of Sub-Collector M.S. Prasanth, who is a District Environment Engineer belonging to the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board, Besides officials from Revenue and Fire departments. Sterlite Copper has applied requested to the state government to offer limited access to a smelter for performing mandatory safety audits to avoid chemical leak incidents though the government is yet to give permission for the same.
Collector has said that since the Government has ordered to seal the plant, district authorities have no authority to allow Sterlite to perform audits without orders from TN government. It must be noted that the Tamil Nadu government had ordered the sealing and permanent closure of Sterlite Copper factory, after violence in the district lead to the killing of 14 people by policemen. The government had followed the TNPCB order to close the unit to safeguard the environment and the people.
BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll Hyderabad sources made a statement that lawlessness prevails in AP as police and politicians trade in accusations and counter accusations, stated the BJP. Meanwhile Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha leader Mr. Vishnuvardhan Reddy said that AP was fit to go for early polls as there was a breakdown of constitutional machinery
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!